Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Not Superman

As much as I can, I try to balance my Academics with my extra-curriculars. Though irregular, I do Cases for Doc M and advance in Clinical Subjects. On top of that I'm the leader of two research groups (Biochem, FCM), and I'm part of the trans groups for the previous two mentioned subjects, being the leader for FCM trans too. Besides all these, I have extra-curricular work as well. 

I find it cool that I manage to keep myself busy, sane and productive all at the same time while learning, doing service to others and enjoying life. However, things do go wrong, as they sometimes will. You see, too much can kill, as they say.

I know that I can't do everything and fix every mistake that happens. I will be bound to commit errors that would affect many things. However, I would still take full responsibility for whatever happens. Gaun talaga eh. Ganun yung tama, you can't escape your problems, so be part of the solution instead.

I'm not Superman. I can't speed through the day finishing everything in time for dinner. After all, I'm only human. I guess that's why I prefer to be the Dark Knight instead, capable of superhuman feats yet susceptible to succumb to his human side. I see myself in him more than in the Man of Steel.

Maybe I just need to take things slow, and focus on each task one at a time. Maybe I should also not be too shy to ask for help. Batman, though thinking of himself as a solo hero, has family and friends around him... and so do I. :)

Upon realizing all these, I pondered and said to myself, "What a beautiful life I live in". Many problems, many trials, probably may succeed in breaking me sometimes, yet each time, never failing to make me stronger than ever.   

Just my 2 cents!
/no1! 

No comments:

Post a Comment