Who am I?

My photo

Biologist, future M.D., FPCP, FPSMID, LL.B, Funny and Awesome guy.

Monday, June 18, 2012

In 2050..

Inspired by HIMYM. 

------

"Kids, back in the middle of 2012, I was having a great time with my life. Med school, friends, relationships, you name it, I can say I had it. But life isn't always as perfect as we all want it to be. And so, there was this one day when I received a message from my best friend. She'll be going to far away for her postgraduate studies. It's like I'm never going to see her again.

We met way back in 2008, when we were freshmen. Now, four years later and our friendship blossomed into something I believe everyone wishes to have. And it was only this time, when the thought of her leaving actually hit me quite hard, though I never really showed much emotion. Before, I always thought I would be strong enough to bid her goodbye, but now that we're here, would I really be? 

You see, it's not easy to say goodbye to someone you cherish and care for so much. It's going to be difficult and bittersweet. I never really expected this to happen so soon anyway. But hey, it's for her because it's a part of her dreams that would be coming true. I really am happy for her, though part of me is hidden in pain, not seen by anyone but myself.

But, what is "distance" when friendships and relationships can traverse them so easily? It makes a long mile look like a stone's throw from where we're all standing. :)"

-----

The post may have grammatical errors, my brain's kinda foggy and soupy right now, and I got lots to do, lots to focus on and lots to think about. Don't mind me.

/no1

4 comments:

  1. :( for sure ayaw ka din niyang iwan.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this. I'm still pissed off at you but you make it so hard to be mad, right? Ikaw na ang magaling. :P

    We'll see each other again (if you stop fixing schedules on twitter and then cancelling on me) and Korea is just 4 hours away! And I'll always be here for you! It's hard to compress sentiments in 140 characters so a little effort would be nice. I promise to keep in touch. Don't be so sad. Nothing will change if you don't let them. If it's changing, it's going to be for the better.

    I LOVE YOU~ 사랑해 <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. First of all, thank you! I'm still pissed off at you but you make it so hard to be mad at you, right?

    Anyway, I want to thank you for everything even if we're almost always absentee friends that only talk online. Don't be sad or worry about losing this great bromance we have or whatever, I'm just 4 hours away!!! You need to visit me! Maybe next time we'd actually legit go out (if you stop making playdates in Twitter and then cancelling on me) and who knows, you just might lead me to seeing Super Junior. LOL JOKE! Bawal magselos. Nothing's going to change, if it's changing, it will be for the better. And this is good for both of us! You've been spreading your wings and it's time for mine too.

    사랑해~

    ReplyDelete